The Women of Reform Judaism (sisterhood)
Jackie Browner & Alba Passerini at a WRJ event
Our Women of Reform Judaism chapter, founded in 1887, supports our religious school and special temple projects. WRJ gives generous financial support to our school and honors Bar and Bat Mitzvah youth with presentation of a Kiddush cup.
WRJ holds periodic meetings and events, opening with prayer and often closing with a special speaker or program. A true sisterhood, WRJ provides opportunity for friendship and support among its members.
Many of the Women's Torah Commentaries have been purchased with WRJ funds. In the 1990s, the WRJ undertook a long and laborious task intended to further beautify the interior of our Broad Street building. Completed in 2000, the WRJ replaced our four Torah covers with hand-stitched covers designed by local artist Jonathon Nix. Click here to get an inside look at the design process.